One of the most powerful ways to tell stories online is by using a data visualisation. A static data visualisation can be used to give one perspective to the audience. With an online visualisation, people can choose their perspective themselves and seek out parts of the story that are interesting to them.
If possible, we will also have a look at some other tools to create or enrich interactive online visualisations. We will practice for example with Taucharts and use libraries like MapboxGL (for creating maps).
This one-and-a-half-day training is a mix of explanation, demonstration and hands-on exercises. At the end of the training you will have a solid understanding in how to make visually attractive and interactive graphs.
The following topics will be covered:
- examples of online data visualisations;
- looking into the code design and language;
- repetition of web-based development concepts;
- quick and simple charts with libraries like Taucharts;
- introduction to D3.js;
- importing data in D3.js;
- creating static D3.js charts;
- design options when creating an online visualisation;
- adding interaction with D3.js;
- specialized libraries like MapboxGL for specific use-cases.
Shirley Wu is a freelance software engineer specializing in data visualization. She combines her love of art, math and code into colorful, interactive data visualizations. Her work can be found at sxywu.com.
The cost for the training is € 539 excluding VAT and including coffee, tea and lunch.
This training is one day and a half and will be offered in the beginning of 2019 (with reservation).
Keep an eye on the website or send an e-mail and we keep you informed.